Creators Challenge is a contest which takes place on Saturday, includes six prominent FishTubers who scape off against six prominent Aquscapers. Whose scape will reign supreme? Each has one hour to create their layout with the materials provided to them. Winning scapes are voted on by secret ballot in the Aquagallery on the festival floor.
DETAILS & ENTRY
Regional round 1st place winners in Dallas also receive a $1000 prize.Those who compete in person at any of the qualifying or final rounds get to go home with over $1,000 in Fluval equipment used as part of the aquascape designs at Aquashella. Contestants are encouraged to use and showcase Fluval products in their design and will be required to use the Fluval materials provided on-site (36”x18”x18” tanks, lights, heaters, filters, tools, substrates) as part of their competition scapes and process. Here’s the full list of products that will be provided:
- (2) Fluval Plant 3.0 LED 46w 36-46in
- (1) Fluval M 200Watt Submersible Heater
- (1) Fluval Curved Scissors 9.8in
- (1) Fluval Spring Scissors 5.9in
- (1) Fluval Straight Forceps 10.6in
- (1) Fluval Pincha Shovel 12.6in
- (1) Fluval Algae Shaver 24.8in
- (1) Fluval 407 Canister Filter
- (1) Fluval X07 Spray Bar
- (2) Fluval Stratum 17.6lb
- The competition is open to all aquascapers.
- Teams are allowed, if you wish to form a team for a single entry, be sure to indicate your teammates on your entry. Note that if a team wins the grand prize, there is only 1 prize, and it is up to the team to determine how the items and winnings are distributed.
- We want to see how you aquascape and see samples of your work. Emailed entry submissions must include the following:
- 4 to 6 high-quality photos of recently completed aquascape(s), ensure at least 1 is a full tank frontal photo, capturing an entire scape
- A 30-second video of aquascape
- A 30-second video of the aquascaper summarizing their aquascape techniques. Think of answering questions about what the key features of the design are, or why you choose a certain placement.
- A photo of and bio of yourself! If you are entering as a team, we need a bio for each team member, and a team photo. Individual photos of teammates are also acceptable.
- An indication of which event you are applying to complete at; Orlando qualifying round, Dallas qualifying round, or Chicago Final Competition
- Entries will be evaluated by our internal teams, with 9 entries selected to compete in person in Orlando, 9 entries selected to complete in-person in Dallas, and 9 selected to complete in-person in Chicago (in addition to the 6 qualifiers from Dallas and Chicago).
- The winning 3 aquascapes in Orlando will be asked to travel to Chicago to compete for the grand prize.
- The winning 3 aquascapes in Dallas will be asked to travel to Chicago to compete for the grand prize.
- An additional 9 will be invited from online-only entries, without a qualifying round, to compete in Chicago for the grand prize.
- Aquashella Aquarium Festival and its assigns hold all rights to submission materials and copyrights transfer upon submission to allow for the festival to promote and evaluate all entries.
Dallas Qualifying Round – July 8, 2022, selected contestants will be notified by July 12, 2022 Chicago Final Competition – September 1, 2022, selected contestants will be notified by September 5, 2022 Submissions will be evaluated by our evaluators and internal teams for completeness, design, and selection for competition for each round. Selected contestants will be asked to then submit their $199 entrance fee to compete, and are responsible for their own travel to the competition locations. Limited scholarships for the competition entrance fees are available; please contact Shawn Hale at email@example.com and we can try to help with our available funds!